Below, you’ll find a number of handy done-for-you RIM runs we developed here at AHRI to demonstrate how the Ryegrass Integrated Management (RIM) computer model can be used to put theories to the test. Or, feel free to contact us with your own theory and we’ll put it to the test.
Done-for-you RIM runs:
- Show me the money – early sowing into low seedbank
Have you ever wondered what it would be like if trifluralin and clethodim (Select®) stopped working?
- Have your cake and eat it – do we need a chemical fallow?
Do we need chemical fallow in the rotation to smash the ryegrass seed bank?
- Can we make the canola:wheat rotation work?
Growers should choose the most profitable rotation and throw enough weed management at it to make it work.
- Stacked rotations in the low rainfall zone
When using double stacked canola rotations, how many cereal crops can you grow before ryegrass numbers blow out?
- Double stacked rotations and chaff lining?
Can we use a combination of crop competition, topping of TT canola, RR canola and chaff lining to get ryegrass numbers to zero allowing for dry sowing of 2/3 of the programme?
- Length of pasture rotations
What impact does a pasture phase have in the rotation?
- Ryegrass management, not eradication, in the pasture phase
Mixed farms with a pasture phase generally don’t want to eradicate ryegrass, they want to manage it.